Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Keeping the joints oiled

Not sure how many of you are on RA drugs, but I know that between the RA and drugs, the exhaustion gets hard and overwhelming. I try to drink water to help lower this before and after my MTX injections, but I am not good at remembering. Yesterday and today was especially difficult. Especially when Honey Bear asked me to stay home and sleep in with her (she would miss school). I was so tempted! People don't always understand how hard it is to get up some mornings. Instead I pushed through to get out of bed and take Little Miss to the bus. 

I made it to work convincing myself I did not need to go running today. "I am just to tired." That's what I thought. I prayed all morning for energy. Finally around 1115 I got up and dressed for running. I admit I really really didn't want to go. Having pushed myself to run, I am so thankful I did! In fact I beat my usual pace! 

Of course I am now paying for it in my joints, but I do have energy again. I have to keep telling myself to get up and keep moving. I know that if I sit or lay down for too long my joints will "gel" up. It is especially worse in my heel joint. 

I encourage you to get up and get moving. Don't let your joints gel, instead keep them moving! I do confess I don't do this all the time, but I know when I haven't!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you, Sandy! Both my parents have RA now, I won't be surprised if it is my turn some day. Glad you are working so hard to take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete