Sunday, April 13, 2014

Walking, running and paying for it

Lately I have been training again for 5K races. I love doing them as they are doable for my joints. I hope I can do a 10K some day but I am not sure about my body. I have been working hard to lose weight and get healthy. I admit I feel great as long as I am moving, but the minute I stop I pay for it. I walked about 2 miles today and now my heel and ankle are out if commission. Is it worth it? Somedays. 

Isn't that what life is about? Taking chances to see what the outcome will be? I feel guilty some days when I can barely function. I can't even do dishes without my feet hurting some days. People forget what RA is. They can't look at me and know I have it. Sometimes I think about buying a shirt that announces that I have RA. Then maybe I won't get as many judgmental looks when I have to use the driving cart or my handicap sticker. 

I used to be angry about this life. Why couldn't I be skinny and pain free? Thankfully God had shown me that this is part of a bigger plan. He knows my pain. He knows my struggles. He comforts me when I need it. Thank you Jesus for showing me love. 
 
For those of you who struggle with chronic pain - know that God heard and feels your pain. Lean on Him for comfort and support. He is always waiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment